Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful, hard working mother’s today!
As a mother myself, I recognize that we often don’t make time to care for our bodies the way we should. Particularly our skin, our largest organ, has the daily responsibility of protecting us and absorbing both helpful and harmful substances.
There is no need to purchase expensive creams and body products. Often these products contain harmful chemicals, including bleach, dyes, perfumes etc. Mother nature offers some very potent antioxidant-rich natural love for our skin. After all, if you cannot eat it, it shouldn’t be on your skin either.
The following recipes are courtesy of Rawmazing.
Cacao Avocado Face Mask
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons organic cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
1. Blend all ingredients together.
2. Smooth on skin and leave for 1/2 hour. (this is great to have on your skin while you take your bath)
*This makes enough for 4 facials, or one facial and a great dessert. Seriously.
Banana Olive Oil Hair Mask
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Mix all ingredients together in a food processor, or mash together with a fork to make a smooth paste.
2. Massage thoroughly into hair. Leave on for 1/2 hour or while you take your bath.