Do you feel “under the weather” more than a few times a year? Do you find yourself saying, “Oh it must be that nasty cold going around again“. You may be surprised to learn that this is not the norm. Colds and flus that stick around for more than a day or two and happen more frequent than only a few times a year are a sign your immune systems are not functioning well. If your diet is not in check, you pose a greater risk of getting sick. If your lifestyle is sedentary, your bodily functions will not operate as well as when you are active.
FACT: Approximately 70-80% of your immunity is in your digestive system.
For many, digestion is not optimum. This is a common issue that can be helped through proper diet and lifestyle changes.
Seven Easy Tips To Boost Immunity and Support Proper Digestion:
1. Eat fresh, live food daily. Healthful foods help the body stop pathogens and inhibit their growth in the body. Dead foods clog the system, preventing it from doing it’s job. Include plenty of both soluble and insoluble fibre in your diet.
2. Drink plenty of pure, clean water. Get plenty of nutrient rich water from eating fresh foods.
3. Exercise 4-5 days a week for at least 30 mins. Break a sweat! And this does not include your everyday walking and stairs while on the job.
4. Stretch- maintain flexibility and mobility.
5. Get a massage- great for the lymph and circulatory systems.
6. Go for Infrared Sauna sessions regularly. Clean out those toxins.
7. Take a break, a holiday, put your feet up and reeeeelax! Even 10 mins a day will have positive effects on your cortisol levels.
When all else fails, call your local Nutritionist, because you deserve it 😉