Cilantro- Pesto Chicken Fingers
Simple and delicious marinade for healthy home made chicken fingers
Write a review
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (soaked)
- 2 med garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed italian fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (may need a little more)
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Chop soaked and dried walnuts in food processor. Add cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper and process. Scrape down sides as needed. Add fresh oil and blend into a smooth paste.
- In a large glass bowl, add chicken pieces and marinade. Using your hands, mix to coat all pieces well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 or more hours.
- Remove and thread onto BBQ skewers if desired. Grill on med heat until firm and juices run clear. (6-8 mins)
- Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!