Carrie’s Coconut Pumpkin Cookies:
Fresh pumpkin is abundant this time of year and is very warming and moist. These little treats are nut free which makes them great for a snack at school.
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup organic agave nectar or maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup cooked fresh pumpkin (avoid canned)
1 heaping tbsp fresh ground flaxseed mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1-1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp alum free baking soda
1 tsp alum free baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of sea salt
1 cup organic chocolate chips
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. you may need to adjust temps depending on where you live.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. You will need to liquefy coconut oil but do not warm too much.
3. Blend pumpkin, flaxseed mixture and vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flours, powders, spices and salt.
5. Mix flour mixture into butter-sugar mixture. Then add chocolate chips.
6. Drop on cookie sheet 3 inches apart and bake 10-12 mins until golden brown on the outside.
7. Remove and transfer to cooling racks.