Pork Rolls with Almond Butter Sauce
Delicious pho-inpsired pork and veggie roll recipe.
Write a review
- FOR THE PORK
- 1 small pkg pork tenderloin (approx. 1 pound)
- 1 tsp Alberta Pork Spice
- FOR THE ROLLS
- 1 head of lettuce or other greens, chopped
- 3 cups shredded carrots (approx. 3 med)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- a few handfuls of pea shoots
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 bunch fresh basil, parsley or cilantro (optional)
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp tamari
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of sea salt
- Place all ingredients for the almond butter sauce in a high speed blender and process until smooth. Adjust to your taste and add a little more water if mixture is too thick, set aside.
- Trim outer fat from pork tenderloin. Sprinkle a light layer of Alberta Pork Spice evenly onto the meat. Cook tenderloin over med heat in a fry pan or on the BBQ until done. Set aside.
- Moisten rice paper in a large deep bowl of hot water for about thirty seconds until slightly softened. Remove and spread moistened paper onto clean cutting board.
- Assemble chopped greens along the middle of the rice paper, drizzle some of the almond butter sauce over the greens.
- Slice the pork tenderloin into thin slices. Position a few small slices on top the bed of greens on the rice paper. Continue to layer small amounts of the rest of the veggies.
- Tightly roll the mixture while folding the ends in. The completed rolls should stick together as shown in photo.
- Serve with additional sauce. Enjoy!