This is a sneak peak recipe and one of my favourites from my upcoming recipe book! Enjoy 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD
2 cups cooked quinoa (I like to use both white and red)
3 or more cups chopped assorted veggies of choice
1/2-3/4 cup crushed walnuts (soaked first) or other nut of choice
1. Follow instructions on how to cook quinoa. Set aside and cool. Once quinoa is cooled, refrigerate until cold.
2. Gather assorted veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, kale etc. Chop into small pieces.
3. Mix veggies with cold quinoa in a large serving bowl.
DRESSING (makes 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup of equal parts flaxseed oil and avocado oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp prepared chopped garlic or (or 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped)
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1-2 tbsp pure canadian maple syrup (if desired, this can be omitted)
DIRECTIONS FOR DRESSING
1. Add all above ingredients into a small high speed blender or magic bullet and blend until creamy.
2. Pour dressing mixture over quinoa salad. Mix well and serve.
Salad will last in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Note: I designed this dressing to be an excellent alternative to the traditional “sweet and sour” dip that kids tend to love. It has several really good anti-inflammatory ingredients which makes it great for digestion and healing. I would suggest this dressing for any salad, as a dip or in your favourite wrap.
Want more great recipes by Carrie Mullaly? Check back in about a month or so for the release of Carrie’s new book!share