Flourless Chocolate Cake
Delicious and healthy high protein, flourless chocolate cupcakes.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans - drained and rinsed clean (or rehydrated, cooked beans)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 -3/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (non- alum)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Line 12 cups muffin tin with parchment liners.
- 3. In a food processor, blend coconut oil and beans until creamy. Blend in cocoa powder.
- 4. Blend in eggs, sugars. Batter should become the consistency of chocolate pudding, blend in baking soda now.
- 5. Spoon batter into muffin tins until two-thirds full. Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.
- 6. Cool and ice (if preferred) garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!
- This recipe is good without added sugar because the beans offer a sweet flavour for those that are avoiding sugars.
- Another great option to reduce sugars is just to add a small amount of icing to the sugar-free cupcakes.